Wednesday 20 March 2013

Jenna's Kete

This is my kete. Our class had to make a presentation of artefacts on our culture and what has shaped us. We could present it just about any way we wanted. I put my artefacts in a kete, but some people made iMovies or posters. In my kete I had my playcentre profile books. I think that your infant years are very important, and my time at playcentre definitely shaped me. I also had my athletics certificates, from in 2010 when I came first in the inter schools for high jump, and third for long jump, and in 2012 I came first in high jump and long jump, and third in sprints. There is my ICAS certificate from when I got high distinction for writing in 2010. My great- grandad was a grocer, and he always wore an apron when he worked. I'm wearing one of the aprons he was saving to wear when his current one got old. It represents that my family believes in hard work. I'm holding an orange. Before my great-grandma came to New Zealand by boat, she'd never seen a banana before. She and her many siblings used to get a orange for Christmas every year, and she always described it as the highlight of the year.

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff Jenna. Your blog post was awesome- your paragraph is really comprehensive and explains who you are and what is in your kete. Thank you for your hard work and getting your homework done on time.

    ReplyDelete